SIH Book Week 2019
This year’s SIH Book Week theme was Journeys.
We had a number of events and activities during the whole Book week event such as:
1.Book seller’s Stalls where everyday parents and students had the opportunity to browse and purchase books in the SIH lobby;
2. Books donation to SIH Library;
3.A 7-day Read-athon from March 1st - March 7th;
4. A Reading-in-unusual places photo competition;
5. Poster and Bookmark design competition;
6.An inter-house spelling bee;
7. Our older students reading to younger students;
8. A guess which book which teacher and;
9. DEAREAD where everyone drops everything and read when the drum made a sound to summon all to a blissful reading.
10. Decorated the door-front of the classroom Book Journeys competition.
11. Friday, 8th March was a dressed-up day where everyone was dressed up in their favourite book character.
12. The secondary students also attended a Writer’s conference during the week.
We also had a closing assembly on Friday afternoon and we thank all the parents who attended.