This year’s SIH Book Week theme was “Surprise how do authors surprise us with the characters and storylines”. We had a number of events and activities during the whole Book week event such as:
1. Book seller’s Stalls where everyday parents and students had the opportunity to browse and purchase books in the SIH lobby;
2. A 5 day Read-athon from March 6th - March 13th
3. A Reading-in-unusual places photo competition;
4. A per Year- level spelling bee;
5. Our older students reading to younger students;
6. A guess which book which teacher and;
7. DEAREAD where everyone drops everything and read when the drum made a sound to summon all to a blissful reading.
8. Decorated the door-front of the classroom competition.
9. Thursday, 12th March was a dressed-up day where everyone was dressed up in their favourite book character and a character parade and photo after flag raising
10. Fun Friday tutor group quick quiz